Sprint Scotland entries close this Sunday – 16 June
The deadline for entries for this year’s Sprint Scotland is this Sunday 16th June – so orienteers are encouraged to sign up fast for one of the summer’s key orienteering events.
Easily accessible from across the Central Belt, the event is being held in and around Bo’ness, and here are 12 reasons you should come:
- Training sessions on Thursday and Friday mornings where you can learn from JK Champion and international Sprint star Chris Smithard
- Evening sprint races on Thursday and Friday (entry on the day available) – ideal for people after work
- Talks and Q&A sessions by Matt Fellbaum (JWOC sprint medallist), Oystein Kvaal Osterbo (WOC medallist), Chris Smithard and Graham Gristwood
- Scottish Orienteering Association AGM – and Youth AGM – are taking place between the races on Saturday, everyone is encouraged to take part
- New maps for all the weekend races, plus the Thursday evening race
- 3 weekend races in Bo’ness (sprint and urban) – all on new maps by Graham Gristwood
- Prizes provided by Silva, Lochland Runner and other local supporters
- Part of the UK Urban League and Scottish Urban League, and Open classes are World Ranking Events
- Courses planned by Matt Fellbaum, Jon Cross and Graeme Ackland
- Great preparation for World Masters, JWOC and any other summer adventures
- Proportion of proceeds go to SEDS and ScotJOS
- Explore beautiful Bo’ness!
Entries and full information at sprintscotland.co.uk