Scottish Orienteering seeks individual for competition calendar review
In response to membership input and as part of the evolution of the SOA, the board is commissioning an SOA Competitions Calendar Review. This will be undertaken as a fixed period, paid, contracted work package.
The objective of the review is to ensure that the SOA Competitions Calendar is ‘fit for purpose’ in meeting the needs and expectations of the SOA membership in the future. Specifically:
- The calendar provides an appropriate balance of Major, National, Regional, and Local events for SOA members of all standards and levels of experience
- The number of events in the calendar is consistent with the number of events that SOA clubs are willing to organise and put on, either as individual clubs, or as a joint effort by a number of clubs
- The events in the calendar meet the timing and event quality requirements to support the selection of the SOA Junior (ScotJOS), Senior, and Veteran teams
- The calendar supports a clear performance development pathway for our aspiring and elite athletes (i.e. offer a natural progression from local, through regional and national, to major events)
- The calendar fairly distributes national and major events around the West, East, and North Areas commensurate with the SOA membership numbers in the areas
- The calendar aligns with the BOF competitions calendar, and ideally the timing of Scottish Championship events should precede the corresponding BOF Championship events to provide athlete event experience progression
- The calendar takes account of the timing of major international events in which SOA members are likely to participate, e.g. Jukola
A full terms of reference for the Competitions Calendar Review can be found here:
Parties interested in undertaking this review are asked to contact the SOA Operations Director via email@example.com by the 21st of June.