Hello, my name is Amy McCafferty and I am excited to be getting the chance to gain volunteer experience with Scottish Orienteering as part of my degree programme at Stirling University. I am in my fourth year studying BA (Hons) Sports Studies and have taken the opportunity to do a workplace placement focusing on Safeguarding in sport. I am looking forward to learning and working with Scottish Orienteering.
I will be working alongside the staff team to help coordinate the upcoming Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport courses taking place over the next 2 months. Some of you may receive an email from me in coming weeks to confirm your course date so don’t be surprised if a Stirling University email address lands in your inbox.
A bit about me
- Attended The Glasgow School of Sport specialising in Athletics.
- Completed my HND in sports Coaching with Sport
- Currently studying at Stirling University: BA (Hons) Sports Studies
- Currently coaching for UTD Sports based in Glasgow for 4+ years. Based in local nursery /Primary/ Secondary and Additional Support Need schools. Coaching in various sports
- Currently applying for my (Professional Graduate Diploma in Education) PGDE in physical Education.
- Coached soccer for 2 years in 2015 in California
- Love keeping fit by going to the gym and going long walks
- My favourite sport is football
- Although currently not playing previously played football for Hamilton Academical in the Scottish Women’s Premier League (SWPL)