Join or renew here! Joining an orienteering club, along with Scottish Orienteering and British Orienteering, brings many benefits. We are now offering two different membership options depending on how you prefer to orienteer and what suits you best.
You can join or renew at any point during the year, online at the links below.
The membership year runs 1st January - 31st December. If you join between the 1st November 2017 and the 31st October 2018, your membership will be valid until the 31st December 2018.
Please note that you don't need to be a club member to try out your first few sessions or events, as a beginner. After you've attended three sessions, we recommend you join a club for the events they run, the support and training they can give, as well as for the social side. All are very welcome.
In addition to the benefits offered by your local club, as a Scottish Orienteering member, you can:
- Benefit from a comprehensive, coordinated fixture list across Scotland
- Benefit from club events and coaching, and train with people of similar abilities
- Come along to club socials
- Receive preferential rates for participation in events, training on high-quality areas, and a wide range of courses run by the SOA
- Represent your club in competition; be eligible for prizes in the Scottish Championships and other competitions; be eligible for SOA incentive and reward schemes
- Request PDF maps of semi-permanent orienteering courses under the Regular Orienteering Map Programme
- Volunteer to help at events, and hold an official club role
- Receive four issues of SCORE, the SOA magazine, each year, as well as regular email newsletters
- Have voting rights at SOA AGM (seniors only)
- Get preferential rates with various suppliers of goods and services, as specified below.
There are two options for joining:
1. British membership
(Joining your local club, the SOA and British Orienteering)
Best suited to those who want to take part in orienteering events across Scotland, the UK, and potentially internationally. You can take on any club, event official or coaching role. Read more details here.
For this option, join or renew online at British Orienteering: www.britishorienteering.org.uk/join
Postal and phone joining options are also available; details are at the above link. If you prefer to automatically renew your membership, please complete the Direct Debit mandate and return to the address on the form.
2. Scottish membership
(Joining your local club and the SOA only)
Best suited to those who only wish to orienteer in their local region of Scotland. There are some limitations on entering some larger competitions and taking on coaching and official roles. Read more details here.
For this option, join online at SiEntries: link coming soon
You can also join by post (membership form coming soon) or by phone: 01479 861374. Please note we cannot accept payments over the phone; payments by cheque or bank transfer are accepted and we will process your membership when we receive your payment.
Types of membership
- Senior: aged 21 or over on 31st December of the membership year
- Junior: aged 20 or younger on 31st December of the membership year
*2018 fees to follow shortly*
For 2017, the cost of the Scottish & British Orienteering membership component part that is included in the Club fees below is:
|Scottish O||British O|
- Scottish O senior fee has increased by £1 from 2017; British O senior fee has increased by £5 and junior fee by £1.30 from 2016.
Find your local club, with a location map and details of the areas covered.
Additional Member Benefits
Scottish Orienteering partners
Craigdon Mountain Sports
Outdoor stores; show your British Orienteering card to register for 15% off full-cost items in Edinburgh, Perth, Aberdeen and Inverurie.
Outdoor shops with branches throughout Scotland.
Free Outdoor Experience card on application at any Tiso store using BOF membership card as proof of SOA membership. The card provides 10% discount on purchases at Tiso.
ACE Physiotherapy (Motherwell / East Kilbride)
Tel: 01698 264450
Corporate rate (currently £25 per session) applies. Quote Scottish Orienteering Association member when booking.
Perth Chartered Physiotherapy and Sports injury Clinic
Tel: 01738 626707
Rates on application. Quote Scottish Orienteering Association member when booking.
Hampden Sports Clinic
Hampden Park, Glasgow
Tel: 0141 616 6161
£5 discount on physiotherapy sessions (£32 instead of £38) and 10% off all Health and fitness packages.
Quote Scottish Orienteering Association member when booking.
Future Focus Scotland Ltd
Tel: 01738 827797
Business Mentoring and Coaching in Scotland and around the UK including HR Coaching and HR Services
10% discount for SOA members. Quote Scottish Orienteering Association member when contacting.
Private Client Solicitors
Tel: 0131 447 0633
All services offered at fixed prices. 5% discount to SOA members. Ask for Janice Nisbet (ESOC) when contacting.
Graphic design for logos, banners, fliers, newsletters.
50% discount for first project for SOA clubs or members, 20% for further work.
Contact email@example.com for a no obligation quote on any print or digital design.
Last updated on 02nd Aug 16