Main Sporting Seasons
- Pheasant 1st October to 1st February
- Partridge 1st September to 1st February
- Red Grouse 12th August to 10th December
- Black Grouse 20th August to 10th December
- Wildfowl (foreshore) 1st September to 20th February
- Wildfowl (inland) 1st September to 31st January
- Red Deer and Sika Deer: stags 1st July to 20th October, hinds 21st October to 15th February
- Roe Deer: Bucks 1st April to 20th October, does 21st October to 30th April
In practice the season for Red Deer stalking normally starts in mid-August.
It is general practice not to shoot birds or deer on Sundays.