Have you renewed your membership yet?
You do not need to be a member of a club to participate in orienteering, but joining an orienteering club, along with Scottish Orienteering and British Orienteering, brings many benefits.
If you always forget about renewing your membership you might want to consider completing a Direct Debit Mandate and not have to worry again.
In addition to the benefits offered by your local club and by British Orienteering, Scottish Orienteering delivers:
- support for the development of the sport of orienteering in Scotland through the work of its professional staff and the National Orienteering Centre
- provision of junior incentive schemes
- the availability of a Regular Orienteering Map Programme (enter ROMP in the search facility) and subsidised training opportunities organised through the National Centre
- subsidised rates for a wide range of courses, including coach education courses, run by the National Centre
- a comprehensive, coordinated fixture list across Scotland
- 4 copies per year of SCORE, the magazine of the Scottish Orienteering Association
- eligibility to win trophies at the Scottish Orienteering Championships
- entitlement to member discounts with SOA partner organisations (see below)
- entitlement to vote (if 16 or older) at the AGM, influence decisions at the national level and stand for election to the SOA Board of directors.
Find your local club, with a location map and details of the areas covered.
For 2016, the cost of the Scottish & British Orienteering membership component part that is included in the Club fees below is:
|Scottish O||British O|
- Senior members are aged 21 or over on 31st December of the membership year.
- Junior members are aged 20 or younger on 31st December of the membership year.
- If you join between the 1st November 2015 and the 31st October 2016 your membership will be valid until the 31st December 2016.
- Scottish O and British O membership fees are unchanged for 2016.
Additional Member Benefits
Scottish Orienteering partners
Craigdon Mountain Sports
Outdoor stores; show your British Orienteering card to register for 15% off full-cost items in Edinburgh, Perth, Aberdeen and Inverurie.
Outdoor shops with branches throughout Scotland.
Free Outdoor Experience card on application at any Tiso store using BOF membership card as proof of SOA membership. The card provides 10% discount on purchases at Tiso.
ACE Physiotherapy (Motherwell / East Kilbride)
Tel: 01698 264450
Corporate rate (currently £25 per session) applies. Quote Scottish Orienteering Association member when booking.
Perth Chartered Physiotherapy and Sports injury Clinic
Tel: 01738 626707
Rates on application. Quote Scottish Orienteering Association member when booking.
Hampden Sports Clinic
Hampden Park, Glasgow
Tel: 0141 616 6161
£5 discount on physiotherapy sessions (£32 instead of £38) and 10% off all Health and fitness packages.
Quote Scottish Orienteering Association member when booking.
Future Focus Scotland Ltd
Tel: 01738 827797
Business Mentoring and Coaching in Scotland and around the UK including HR Coaching and HR Services
10% discount for SOA members. Quote Scottish Orienteering Association member when contacting.
Private Client Solicitors
Tel: 0131 447 0633
All services offered at fixed prices. 5% discount to SOA members. Ask for Janice Nisbet (ESOC) when contacting.
Graphic design for logos, banners, fliers, newsletters.
50% discount for first project for SOA clubs or members, 20% for further work.
Last updated on 02nd Aug 16