Vacancy: Scottish Junior Squad Lead Coach
We are looking for a new coach or small team of coaches for the Scottish Junior Orienteering Squad (ScotJOS), to work with talented Scottish Juniors to develop their orienteering skill set and gain representation for their country and GB.
The voluntary role is for a fixed term of 4 years; application deadline Friday 15th June.
Due to the retirement of Elizabeth Furness, Scottish Orienteering and ScotJOS are looking for a new Lead Coach.
The role is voluntary and involves working with talented Scottish Juniors to develop their orienteering skill set and gain representation for their country and GB. This is primarily achieved through training weekends at home and a two week camp abroad every second year.
A brief summary of requirements for the post is set out below and a Job Description can be downloaded below.
The role will be for a fixed term of 4 years.
Scottish Junior Lead Coach
- UKCC L3, plus current First Aid
- Good organisational skills
- An interest in junior development and performance
- Willingness to work with children aged 12-18
- Understanding of the UK and foreign junior competition scene
- Experience of planning at TD4/TD5 level
- Experience of and an interest in the design of training exercises, production of maps, session plans and risk assessments
- PVG Disclosure
As the role is highly demanding with many duties and responsibilities applications from a team of individuals will also be considered.
The start date will be immediately after the Last Blast Weekend 1st/2nd September 2018.
If you are interested in the above role or would like to assist the new Lead Coach please apply in writing to the Performance Director: by Friday 15th June 2018.