Join our Board to achieve our goal of ‘more smiling faces in the forest’
We are seeking to appoint six elected Directors to our Board at our AGM in May as part of a restructuring exercise. The Directors will also fill the role of Trustees of the SOA as a registered charity. These are voluntary positions.
Scottish Orienteering Association (SOA) is the national governing body of the sport of
orienteering in Scotland. We are seeking to appoint a number of elected Directors to our Board at our AGM in May as part of a restructuring exercise. The Directors will also fill the role of Trustees of the SOA as a registered charity. These are voluntary positions.
We are seeking Directors in the following areas (Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for these positions are attached in Appendices below):
- Board Chair (**NEW POSITION**)
- SOA President (**REVISED POSITION**)
- Director of Communications & Marketing
- Director of Equality & Diversity (**NEW POSITION**)
- Director of Operations
- Director of Performance
However, we are also interested in recruiting to the Board people with skills in law, IT, HR and fundraising.
For the positions of President and Director of Operations a knowledge and understanding of orienteering is essential; for the other roles, a knowledge and understanding of orienteering is desirable but not essential.
Directors are elected for a 3-year term of office in the first instance. A Director is
responsible, along with the other Directors and led by the Chair of the Board, for the
effective governance of Scottish Orienteering, setting the overall shape and direction of
the SOA, which is both a Limited Company and a Registered Charity, and being vigilant to ensure it stays on course.
These positions are elected Directorships, elected by our members from nominations made to our AGM on May 26th 2018. Nominations may be made in two ways:
- By SOA members, in which case nomination forms (available below) must be received by the Chief Operating Officer, Fiona Keir, before 14th April 2018 ().
- By the current Board of Directors. For applicants who are interested in being a Board nominee, please lodge your application with the Chief Operating Officer, Fiona Keir, before 16th March 2018, 5:00 p.m (). Your application should include a letter of application, a brief CV and the names of two referees.
For informal enquiries, please contact the current SOA President, Roger Scrutton