Conference/workshop: what more can SOA do for you?
We are holding a conference/workshop on 28th April near Dunfermline to agree a small number of focus areas based on the survey on SOA's aims, and develop these into a proposed action plan. Click to read more and to book your place.
Hopefully you’ve had a chance to fill in the questionnaire about Scottish Orienteering online or have had a conversation about it with someone at a recent event. If not we have extended the online deadline to the end of March and will be at events over the next few weeks. If you can find time to give us your views it will be much appreciated.
If you have filled in the questionnaire you will have seen that we are planning to hold a club conference/ workshop from 1000 – 1500 on the 28th April at Fordell Firs near Dunfermline. A number of who have expressed interest in attending and we now need to firm up the details.
To date we have about 120 completed questionnaires and have started to get feedback from clubs. The response has been great: honest and constructive and with a number of themes emerging. The aim of the conference is to agree a small number of focus areas (we can’t do everything) and develop these into a proposed action plan. We will take this to the SOA Board, the clubs and the members to see if there is agreement and to make sure we can resource it.
The overall framework for the day is expected to look like:
- External perspectives (views from other sports and non-orienteers)
- Feedback from Scottish Orienteering – what members have said
- Agreement on themes to be worked (approximately 4) – your chance to vote!
- Break out sessions 1 & 2 – facilitated workshops to develop a high level description & action plan for 2 themes
- Activity or a chance to get help for your club from the SOA staff
- Break out sessions 3 & 4 – facilitated workshops to develop a high level description & action plan for 2 themes
- Plenary session – feedback from the workshops and agree what we will take forward
There is no charge and a light lunch will be provided. If you feel that you have something to offer and would like to attend please could you email me at , and cc. . Please could you do this even if you have already said you’re interested on the questionnaire as we didn’t collect names at that time in order to keep the responses confidential.
SOA Strategy Director