Charity Information

Inc. Gift Aid declaration form

The Scottish Orienteering Association is a charity, and one of the advantages of this is that the SOA can claim gift aid tax-relief on donations people make to the SOA. This includes the SOA part of your annual orienteering subs. The SOA has agreed to return this money to clubs for a minimum of three years, and potentially longer.

15th Feb 16

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Name of Charity:- Scottish Orienteering Association

Charity Number:- SC043563

Registered Address:- National Orienteering Centre, Glenmore Lodge, Aviemore, PH22 1QZ

Charitable Purposes

  • The advancement of public participation in sport; and
  • The provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational activities, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended


  • to acquire the property, assets, liabilities and undertaking of the unincorporated body which was formerly the governing body of the sport of Orienteering (hereinafter called the "Sport"), known as The Scottish Orienteering Association in order to carry out the following objects in its capacity as the governing body of the Sport in Scotland;
  • to foster, encourage, promote and develop the Sport in all its forms and at all levels;
  • to facilitate the development of constituent clubs to provide orienteering facilities and activities in their local communities;
  • to encourage the growth of public participation in recreational orienteering at regional, national and international level;
  • to provide opportunities for participants to compete against one another if they so wish, to excel and be selected to represent Scotland; and
  • to deliver a progressive sports development strategy through an infrastructure supporting the development of volunteers within the Sport, including coaches.

Please fill in the Gift Aid declaration below:

One for each individual member; or
One for each each family filled in by the person making the payment.

If you prefer you can download the Gift Aid form and return it.

I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference.

Please notify the charity if you:

  • want to cancel this declaration
  • change your name or home address
  • no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Photo of authorPosted on 15th Feb 16
by Claire Macpherson