Administrative Assistant Vacancy
Come join our team!
We are looking for a competent and motivated individual to work 2 days per week as an administrative assistant to the Chief Operating Officer.
Interested? Apply by 6th December
Role Outline: To provide administrative support mainly in the areas of membership services and bookkeeping.
Appointed by: SOA President, on behalf of Board
Period of tenure: Minimum 12 month contract
Hours of work: 2 days per week (14 hours/week)
Place of work: Glenmore Lodge, near Aviemore.
Reporting to: SOA Chief Operating Officer, acting as Line Manager
Remittance: £14,000-£18,000 FTE dependent on experience.
Application Closing Date: Thursday 6th December
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and covering letter outlining suitability for the role to
Specifically this will include:
- Maintain club contact details
- Communicate with clubs on behalf of others
Membership services & operation of SOA membership scheme
- Maintain up to date membership database
- Send out new member packs
- Send out monthly newsletter to new members
- Send out quarterly newsletter for SCORE (SOA magazine)
- Send out official notices (e.g. AGM notification)
- Post out printed copies of SCORE
- Create & send out invoices
- Maintain record of transactions using appropriate accounting software
- Liaise with Finance Director
- Follow up unpaid invoices
- Pay in cash & cheques when necessary
General office duties
- Manage office stock
- Handle incoming mail and re-direct as required, ensure outgoing mail is sent promptly
Administrative Assistant: Person Specification
The SOA is looking for an enthusiastic, competent person who meets the following criteria:
- Educated to Level 5
- Experience with office software (Word, Excel)
- Some experience of office working
- Willingness to work alone for periods of several hours
- Interest and experience of orienteering
Should you have questions about the role please do contact