Appointed by: SOA Board
Period of tenure: Not limited
Reporting: Regular standard report to Performance Director
- Ensure that Scotland has a Veterans team at all invited fixtures (e.g. VHI)
- Represent Scottish interests with regard to race format discussions.
- Encourage and facilitate training and development of veteran athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be aware of Veteran Home International fixtures and other potential fixtures.
- Appoint and publicise the selection panel.
- Identify and publicise the selection criteria.
- Communicate with potential team members (including those living out with Scotland). Notify team members when selected.
- Liaise with the event organiser re venue, accommodation, etc.
- Appoint a Team Manager if unable to attend the event.
- Plan travel arrangements, if appropriate.
- Liaise with the SOA Treasurer regarding budget allocation.
- Inform team members of individual financial contributions.
- Encourage team members to apply for grant assistance for events.
- Submit a financial summary and short report.
- Liaise with other Team Managers and represent Scottish interests.
- Organise training opportunities for Veteran athletes in Scotland.
- Register all coaching / training events with the Fixtures Secretary.
- Submission of reports to Score / SOA web site.
- Input as required to SOA Strategic Plans.
Pro-forma for reporting (“Nothing to report” is permitted!)
Headings should include:
- Any issues regarding appointment of selection panel / selection criteria.
- Training planned (formal and informal).
- Any issues regarding fixtures, especially VHI.
- Issues arising from Team manager meetings / liaison.
- Financial matters.
- Any significant changes notified from British Orienteering.
- Any action required from the Board.