(Updated Feb 2017; formerly Treasurer*)
Appointed by: SOA Membership
Period of tenure: Three years
Reporting: Regular standard report to SOA Board
Administer the financial business of the SOA in collaboration with the Board.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep in regular contact with the Chief Operating Officer at the National Centre over financial matters
- Board Committee meetings (normally 4 per year); provide budget statements and forecasts.
- Annual General Meeting: liaise with auditor and prepare report and accounts
- Liaise with SOA Squads (ScotJOS, SEDS, Vets) regarding financial matters.
- Quarterly tasks.
o Collect quarterly revenue form 6 day Company
o Review accounts and financial information provided by COO/National Centre
o Review Stirling Surveys map printing contract
- Annual tasks.
o February/March: with COO, prepare accounts for previous year
o April: manage professional staff pay increases, make recommendation to SOA Board and advise sportscotland of changes
o June: with COO, prepare annual reports for Companies House and the Charity Regulator
o July: update insurance schedule
o October/November: contribute to submission to sportscotland for investment by preparing financial information for the current year and proposals for the new year
o November: attribute budget lines to Directors and prepare next annual budget for approval by SOA Board.
- Scottish Orienteering 6-Day Event Co. Ltd.: attend the 6-Day Co. AGM as a shareholder; receive copies of the minutes of the AGM and Directors’ Meetings.
Pro-forma for reporting (“Nothing to report” is permitted!)
Headings should include:
- Budget statement.
- Any action required from Board.
*This post has been renamed as a result of day-to-day accounting being passed to staff at the National Centre.