Appointed by: SOA Board
Period of tenure: Not limited
Reporting: Regular standard report to Marketing & Communications Director
- Ensure regular publication of SCORE (the SOA newsletter).
- Encourage a wide range of articles that will reflect orienteering in Scotland and appeal to the SOA membership.
- Be a method of communication between the SOA Board and the SOA Membership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Decide and agree with the SOA Board the publication cycle.
- Remind SOA post-holders of deadlines for publication.
- Seek articles from out with the SOA Board that will be of interest to Scottish orienteers.
- Receive club newsletters / regularly visit club websites to obtain material for SCORE.
- Liaise with the SOA Webmaster regarding to news / articles.
- Seek advertising to build revenue.
Pro-forma for reporting (“Nothing to report” is permitted!)
Headings should include:
- Any issues regarding Score publication.
- New ideas / initiatives.
- Funding matters.
- Any action required from the Board.