Appointed by: SOA Board
Period of tenure: Not limited
Reporting: Regular standard report to Operations Director
Mentor/support: Operations Director
- Responsibility for registering orienteering events and activities in Scotland.
- Publication the Scottish Fixtures Programme.
- Work closely with the Competitions Convenor to ensure smooth articulation of events.
- Consultancy role with regard to all fixtures matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Register events and activities with British Orienteering, using information provided electronically by Clubs on the appropriate Event Registration Forms. (For clarification, the SOA Fixtures’ Secretary is not expected to transpose handwritten Event Registration Forms received from Clubs).
- Develop and maintain the fixture list of events in Scotland
- Consult with Clubs and Areas about the shape of the Fixtures Programme in Scotland, and actively solicit event registrations where appropriate.
- Act as the focus for embargo queries in Scotland.
- Attend and Represent SOA interests on the British Orienteering Fixtures Committee.
Pro-forma for reporting (“Nothing to report” is permitted!)
Headings should include:
- Any issues regarding SOA Fixtures
- Planning for future British Orienteering events and possible effect on SOA fixtures
- Any significant changes notified from British Orienteering.
- Any action required from the Board.