Appointed by: SOA Board
Period of tenure: Not limited
Reporting: Regular standard report to Operations Director
- Encourage and facilitate the spread of expertise in the use of electronic systems for events (SPORTident & Emit).
- Keep informed of developments of hardware / software.
It should be noted that one person is unlikely to have the personal expertise in both SportIdent & Emit; it is perfectly acceptable to ‘contract out’ one side and gather reports from that person.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Through appropriate training, encourage people to gain expertise in the use of electronic systems (SPORTident & Emit).
- Arrange for people to be updated as new equipment / software is purchased.
- Liaise with the SOA Treasurer if there are budget implications.
- Inform the 6 Day Company Finance Director any hire / replacement charges incurred by loan of the SPORTident equipment.
- Input as required to SOA Strategic Plans.
- Maintain an up to date inventory of the equipment.
- Publish articles / updates as appropriate in Score and on the web site.
- Advise the SOA on any changes to the Rules / Guidelines regarding the use of electronic equipment.
Pro-forma for reporting (“Nothing to report” is permitted!)
Headings should include:
- Any issues regarding electronic equipment (SPORTident & Emit).
- Training courses planned / run – number of attendees, costs, any issues.
- Any significant changes notifies by British Orienteering.
- Any action required from the Board.