BTO SOUL 6/7, Sprint Scotland, Jul 16/17
Part of Sprint Scotland Training Camp
2 World Ranking Events. Using new maps and with another race on Sat afternoon along with a ceilidh in the evening. Full details on the Sprint Scotland website
Sprint Scotland is an orienteering training camp with a difference
- Professional maps
- Professional course setting
- Professional analysis
- Set in the heart of beautiful Scotland
- Short travel distances
- Good social elements
- Talks from World Class sprint orienteers
All training sessions and races in Stirling or nearby (and all accessible without car).
Stirling is 30-40 minutes from Edinburgh and Glasgow (both have international airports and train connections to Stirling).
Recommend Stirling Youth Hostel or other accommodation in Stirling.
All maps new or updated for Sprint Scotland, including Stirling City Centre (Race The Castles 2014) and Bannockburn (World Ranking Event 2015).
Thursday 14th – Training day north of Stirling
1) Dunblane Long training session with 'skill sections' challenging different aspects of sprint orienteering.
2) Bridge of Allan Standard sprint course with a mix of leg lengths and urban and forest elements.
3) Braco Sprint relay training in Roman Fort – grassy terrain with complex contour detail. Sport Ident.
Friday 15th – Training day in Stirling
1) Stirling Old Town and Riverside Route choice training around the castle, old town and riverside area of Stirling. Sport Ident.
2) Stirling City Centre Standard sprint course in modern city centre.
3) Braehead, Broomridge, Bannockburn Sprint interval loops in complex housing estate area.
Saturday 16th – Hallglen (2 races organised by Sprint Scotland team)
Complex housing estate area on a slope with many grassy areas. Never used before. Morning race will be a World Ranking Event.
Sunday 17th – Grangemouth (race organised by Forth Valley Orienteers)
Complex housing estate area. Never used before. World Ranking Event and Scottish Urban League.
Sprint Scotland is organised by
Graham Gristwood (4th WOC Sprint 2011, 2nd World Cup Final Sprint 2010)
Fanni Gyurko (14th WOC Sprint 2012, 18th WOC Sprint 2015)
Kris Jones (2nd JWOC Sprint 2010, 8th WOC Sprint 2015)
More details on the Sprint Scotland website
Last edited: 22nd Jul 16