Volunteers’ Activity Weekend, 15-17 September 2017
Bookings are now open for the Volunteers’ Activity Weekend, at Glenmore Lodge from the afternoon of Friday 15th to late afternoon Sunday 17th September. The charge for fully residential attendance (2 nights’ B&B, Saturday evening meal, daytime lunches & refreshments, all O-related sessions) will be £100 per person, with rebates of up to 50% for volunteers who lead a session.
There is an option to be non-resident (£50 per person to include lunches and refreshments both days), but unless you live very close we recommend that you stay at Glenmore, to be sure of being in on all the peripheral informal discussions!
The booking form asks for an indication of your session choices, to help us refine the timetable. We currently intend to offer:
- Condes – introduction/intermediate AND masterclass (the latter to cover clever stuff like relays, doing things with the map, and various cunning work-arounds)
- Child Protection – an enjoyable and informative discussion relevant to everyone
- Disability Awareness and how to make O a genuinely accessible sport for all. Heather Lowden of Scottish Disability Sport promises a lively, informative and active session.
- Mentoring - what do we mean by it and how can we use it in orienteering?
- Coach CPD – Coaching in remote areas – workshop to upgrade L2 coaches so they’re insured to coach in type D areas.
- Other Coach CPD – ideas exchange and sharing good practice
- Coaching Foundation course – 2 x 3-hour sessions giving a practical introduction to coaching. Suitable for anyone aged 16+ with O knowledge.
- Grade B Controllers’ course (or could be Grade C) – 2 x 3-hour sessions.
- Junior development – follow-on discussion after conference on 1 April.
If you would like to suggest alternative or additional sessions, please do so on the booking form. There will also be orienteering activity in nearby forests, and quizzes and challenges ongoing throughout the weekend.
Please use this form to book your places. We will hold 2 places per club until the end of June, at which point we will require clubs to confirm who will use them. Bookings will close on 31 August.