GMC 2014, Glenshee, Nov 15/16
Grampian Mountain Challenge
Close your eyes and imagine a 2-day orienteering and running challenge, with no midges, hot food provided, drinks and luggage transfer?
Now open your eyes……. Entries open on 1st July at SiEntries, More details on the Gramp website
Following two successful GMCs in 2010 and 2012, the Grampian Mountain Challenge is pleased to welcome runners to North East Scotland for another unique blend of harsh weather, comfort, physical challenge and mental workout in November 2014.
This event combines mountain navigation with forest orienteering over two days in the Glenshee area, with a remote campsite.
• A, B and C courses. Run solo or in pairs
• Each day has two maps (1:10k and 1:40k), printed on waterproof paper
• Minimum age and experience requirements (see rules – to be posted soon)
• Prepare for snow – this is November in NE Scotland!
• Kit bags transported to the mid camp, so you can bring your winter woollies
• Competitors must carry minimum kit on the hill
• Hot evening meal and a light meal at the finish. Day 2 breakfast option
• Marquee at remote campsite with “heating” and drinks
To enter, visit www.sientries.com
Entries open 1st July 2014. Entries close 1st November 2014. Entry limit = 100 competitors.