The National Orienteering centre is not only perfectly situated for access to the best orienteering terrain in the UK but also has range of facilities on offer too.
There is on-site accommodation available of various levels. Full board and B&B accommodation is in the main Lodge building in twin-bedded rooms and includes breakfast, and for full board packed lunch and tea.
There are also self-catering chalets in the grounds of the Lodge and are completely self-contained. There are two 6-person chalets and one 12-person chalet; each is fully equipped with drying room, fitted kitchen and a comfortable lounge with TV and video.
For more information on these and how to book visit www.glenmorelodge.org.uk or call 01479 861256
The Local Area:
Also Badenoch & Strathspey is a major tourist area with a wealth of accommodation from campsites, bunkhouses and outdoor centres to self-catering chalets/cottages and bed & breakfast accommodation in hotels and guest houses. Further details are available from Tourist Information Centres in Aviemore (Tel: 01479 810363) and Kingussie (Tel: 01540 661297).
The Highlands of Scotland Tourist Board web site is at: www.host.co.uk
Scottish Youth Hostel Association
A large modern hostel, handy for the facilities in Aviemore
Set in a beautiful location on the edge of Loch Morlich. Available September - December through the excellent Rent-a-Hostal scheme
In the stores we have all the equipment necessary for training, coaching and events. Our extensive kit list includes:
- Full EMIT kit (including 40 controls, 90 brikkes and timing equipment and software)
- Orienteering pin-punch controls
- Orienteering flags
- Extensive map list (view maps/areas)
- Club Tents
- Heart Rate Monitors (currently unavailable)
- ...and much more!
To check the availability and find out how to book the equipment contact us.
Other on-site facilities
There are a whole host of other facilities for you to take advantage of. Here are just some:
- Gym: includes free weights & bars, fixed weights, treadmill & rowing machine.
- Sauna & Pool: this primarily a rolling pool but can be used for swimming also.
- Physiotherapy & Sports Massage: Both available by appointment.
- Conferencing: There are four seminar rooms of various sizes as well as a tiered Lecture Theatre with 80 seats. Data Projectors, Video Playback, Multi-projection, OHP’s, Audio playback and a PA system are all available.
- Catering: The on-site dinning room can cater for a 200 people reception, 200 people buffet or 90 people Banquet.
- Bar: The licensed bar serves bar meals too.
- TV/Video Lounge.
There is also the opportunity to have a go at other outdoor activities such as Mountain Biking, Canoeing & Climbing. For more information on this, email .
Posted on 29th Jun 07
by Hilary Quick - Development Officer
Other items in the same category
Regular Orienteering Map Programme
SOA Club Development Fund
Coaching Consultancy Opportunities
National Centre course schedule
Condes for course planning
Coach CPD Days for 2014
LiDAR data available
Map Printing Service